Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday!!

So I cannot believe it, 1 year has gone by so fast. It is so hard to believe that I have a 1 year old. I'm sure I will say this every year but honestly where does the time go. Kristopher is getting better and better at walking and I'm sure he will soon be running everywhere. Then I will get some exercise for sure. We had his party on Sunday and he had a blast. He definitely enjoyed the cake and spent most of the time eating it and not really playing it. I'm sure he got his sweet tooth from his mommy. : ) And of course when the time came I could not find my camera. I have to wait until I get some by e-mail and then I will post because I know everyone will enjoy seeing them.

Kristopher got a 4-wheeler for Christmas and we got it out for him to ride this weekend and he loved it. All he has to do is push a button by the handle and he goes. It only goes 2 mph but he still has a blast. It is the green Kawasaki 4-wheeler for kids if anyone has every seen it or has one. Oh yeah, and he already stands up on it wanting to go faster. If that's not scary I don't know what it. I'm in for it that's for sure. I have a little daredevil on my hands.

Mommy was able to actually take Kristopher's birthday off work which was on a Thursday and then she also took Friday and Monday off. Thank goodness I did because I needed time to recuperate after the party. So yesterday, Monday, Grammy, Nana, Mommy and Kristopher went to Gatewood Arena to visit and see a friend take her riding lesson. It is beautiful and we had a good time. Jill did wonderful and had so much fun riding Ruby. The weather was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for a better time. Paula Gatewood is the owner/instructor and was my first riding teacher when I was about 6 or 7 years old. She used to have her stables on the corner of Mt. Zion and Gunpowder and now she has a beautiful 60 acre farm about 45 min south. It was so nice to see Paula and see her new place. Congratulations to her.

We even got to feed a goat Doritos. It was so gentle and ate them right out of Kristopher's hands. He liked it and I think he liked the friendly cats even more though. He was able to grab a hold of them because they weren't expecting it like Toby and Ginger do. I think "Cat" is his favorite word too, at least for the moment.

Kristopher is also working up his courage to pet a horse. When he first saw my horse Savana, he screamed and cried and we had to leave the barn. Now I think he is getting used to their size and will eventually be able to pet them. He almost did at Gatewood Arena but pulled away at the last moment.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Happy 1st Birthday Big Boy!

I'm so glad you were able to take off work to celebrate a nice long weekend with your family. It's totally worth it, isn't it?

Okay, get busy on loading the birthday pictures! I can't wait to see them!!

Congratulations on your big one year old! I know what this day must mean to you!