anyone tell you that bed rest is a great thing. I was on bed rest for 10 days and I could not take it anymore. Being so active made it very hard to sit still and I was supposed to keep my feet up when I was off too. The reason I was put on bed rest was to keep me from going into labor. This would minimize the complications that could happen if I was to start delivering Kristopher and we were unable to get him out immediately or I started bleeding internally. But I am ok now and I have the most beautiful son, I hope I don't sound biased or anything. : ) The picture to the right was taken in the hospital. He is doing great now and is so funny. He is eating Stage 1 food now and I think he is getting the hang of the whole spoon to mouth thing. To date, he has tried rice cereal (he loves), oatmeal, squash, carrots, and peas. I am only introducing 1 new food every 4-5 days as to see if he has any food allergies. I hope he doesn't develop any because I have a hard time keeping up with his sensitive skin. He has a mild case of eczema. Another day, another story. The next food I will probably introduce will be sweet potatoes and then green beans. He is supposed to try all of the vegetables first before any of the fruits so that he will eat the vegetables and not just fruit due to it's sweetness.

So, his feeding schedule right now is a 6 1/2 ounce bottle about 8:30, cereal and 6 1/2 ounce bottle about 10 or 10:30, a food and bottle at 12 or 12:30 and then another bottle at about 3:30 or 4. The babysitter may then give him another bottle at 5 depending on when she last fed him. Speaking of babysitter, Kristopher's babysitter is the best. He absolutely loves her and it makes me feel good knowing that I am leaving him with someone he feels comfortable with and that I can trust. It's hard bringing a child into the world these days. I will worry everyday he goes to school or anytime he has to ride with someone else besides myself. Today is not the same as when I was growing up. I will not even be able to let him play in the backyard without a fear that a stranger may come into the yard, (we live in a subdivision, which I dislike). It is so scary. So I'm going off talking about nothing. I think that's the point of this though. I hope at least. So Gail, Kristopher's babysitter is wonderful. She also babysits 3-4 other boys depending on the day and yes ALL boys. She reads to them, sings songs with them and is even teaching them sign
language. I guess I better brush up on my sign language since I thankfully have not had to use it, yet at least. I could not imagine doing what she does. For a person to babysit out of their home and love it so much is a really special person. I know Kristopher is learning a lot and really enjoys being with Gail and the other boys. Here is a picture of her.
language. I guess I better brush up on my sign language since I thankfully have not had to use it, yet at least. I could not imagine doing what she does. For a person to babysit out of their home and love it so much is a really special person. I know Kristopher is learning a lot and really enjoys being with Gail and the other boys. Here is a picture of her.Well we have "Fallen Back" this morning and I still need to get Kristopher's bottles ready for tomorrow so I better get going. So until next time, Enjoy and happy reading!!

No comments:
Post a Comment